Clock going back a day

Faults and Technical chat for the Hyundai Tucson
Tenbytriker

Post by Tenbytriker »

Has anybodys clock gone backwads a day twice now got in car and clock had yesterdays date and time on it or am i missing something lol

old man

Post by old man »

Happened to me in France recently, I assumed it had something to do with the time difference. Put the clock right manually and it jumped the other way later the same day.
Hasn't happened since and I now assume it was part of the glitches that many of us are experiencing which hopefully will be addressed with an update in the fullness of time.
Tucson N Line S 2WD Hybrid Auto
Mar10

Post by Mar10 »

Mine did this for the first time on Saturday. I don't think I would have noticed but my daughter spotted it. It seems it was still showing the date and time from when it was previously driven the night before. The next time I drove it later that day it had corrected itself.
Deleted User 487

Post by Deleted User 487 »

Had this a few times, and it’s self corrected within a few hours.

I’m hoping/expecting the June update to have solved this.
Tenbytriker

Post by Tenbytriker »

Thanks guys reset it manually was the same this morning so hopefully its sorted will install the new update soon happy days oh get ready for another 13hr night shift got to pay for my fuel sum how 🤔
Tenbytriker

Post by Tenbytriker »

Hey all ive turned on the day light saving on on clock setting and it seems to have stopped it jumping about fingers x
BigMezza67

Post by BigMezza67 »

I had my clock change by a totally random number of hours and minutes. I couldn’t change it but it had corrected itself before I got back in the next day.. very weird!!
old man

Post by old man »

viewtopic.php?f=8&t=440&p=4450#p4450

Read through the above thread, it's currently thought that the resets, including clock resets, occurring in some HEVs are caused by the 12V battery having to small a capacity, so when the charge in it depletes too much it turns off power to certain parameters in the car.
terryp

Post by terryp »

old man wrote: Mon Aug 22, 2022 12:20 pm viewtopic.php?f=8&t=440&p=4450#p4450

Read through the above thread, it's currently thought that the resets, including clock resets, occurring in some HEVs are caused by the 12V battery having to small a capacity, so when the charge in it depletes too much it turns off power to certain parameters in the car.
I'm totally ignorant regarding how these things work but I can't see how a battery depleting will change settings within the menu e.g. Navigation settings, changing my preferences for routes when using Sat Nav etc.
I wonder whether the "sister" Sportage suffers the same problem. Anyone?
Tucson Ultimate Auto 230PS in Dark Teal. Love it!!
old man

Post by old man »

I can't see how a battery depleting will change settings within the menu e.g. Navigation settings, changing my preferences for routes when using Sat Nav etc.
I don't think a depleting battery changes your settings in the first place. Either by accident or design, when the battery gets low it shuts off power to certain functions which then revert to default settings when power is restored.
You seem to be the only person reporting so many different resets, so maybe yours is a deeper or different problem. Remember, the battery depletion thing is a theory arrived at by us here and it's one that I find possible, but we currently have no scientific evidence to prove it. The root cause may turn out to be something completely different and all we can do is wait for Hyundai to find the cause and a solution.
At least we've got the ball rolling by discussing it here and reporting it to our dealers.
Perhaps you could research whether Kia car are affected via their forums.

• You may also be interested in...
    Replies
    Views
    Last post