Alarm going off with windows open ??

Faults and Technical chat for the Hyundai Tucson
Tenbytriker

Post by Tenbytriker »

Hey guys call me thick if you want to but am unable to leave my windows open with out the alarm going off ive turned off back seat sensor and de advanced alarm but open car open windows it seems to lock it self then alarm go,s off it driving me nuts you should be able to leave windows open lock car and no alarm every other car ive had had this function help its driving me nuts

old man

Post by old man »

Just been out and tested this in my car and it's the same - alarm went off after about a minute.
I haven't looked at the owners manual, but I'm guessing it's a safety feature to alert you to the fact the windows are open.
Not a bad feature in my opinion. Why would you purposely lock your car with the windows open ? If you want your windows open, don't lock the car because either way someone can gain entry.
Tucson N Line S 2WD Hybrid Auto
joolstdi

Post by joolstdi »

It also works if you leave your sun roof open, I found this out when I picked up my car as the sunroof was open for air and the alarm was going off all the time.
Tucson Ultimate PHEV Auto + Teck Pack
Ordered Jan 2022
Delivered June 2022
rando29

Post by rando29 »

Right today as it was hot i thought i would put the windows down a bit so i unlocked the car with the key fob and held the unlock button down until the windows were half down and i also opened the drivers door to get something out of the car.
I walked away without locking the car again (it was in a safe place on my drive!) - but a minute later the alarm is going off - why ? surely having the car unlocked the alarm should be not activated ?
Tuscon Ultimate with Tech Pack 2022 - Sunset Red
XADE

Post by XADE »

old man wrote: Thu Jun 23, 2022 2:23 pm Just been out and tested this in my car and it's the same - alarm went off after about a minute.
I haven't looked at the owners manual, but I'm guessing it's a safety feature to alert you to the fact the windows are open.
Not a bad feature in my opinion. Why would you purposely lock your car with the windows open ? If you want your windows open, don't lock the car because either way someone can gain entry.
I go to swimming and left my windows an inch open in a perfectly secure car park (previous car). Someone would need to smash my window to gain access as it was locked, but if I left the Tucson unlocked they wouldn't.

Same goes for leaving kids or pets in the car to get fuel or similar, current weather aside.. Most cars have this feature to disable interior alarm sensors, I'd be surprised if the Tucson hasn't (or that it doesn't apply to windows).
Last edited by XADE on Thu Aug 11, 2022 6:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.
2022 Ultimate - Phantom Black
Philr

Post by Philr »

Pg 5-19 of the manual seems to cover it although I've not tried it.
Phil

I don't have a carbon footprint because I drive everywhere.

2022 Premium HEV
old man

Post by old man »

I go to swimming and left my windows an inch open in a perfectly secure car park (previous car). Someone would need to smash my window to gain access as it was locked, but if I left the Tucson unlocked they wouldn't.
Are you intimating I'm stupid ? I had assumed, probably wrongly, that the OP wanted to leave his windows open whilst at home. Who in their right mind would leave their car unlocked with the windows open in a public place and I certainly wouldn't suggest that anybody should do so.
Tucson N Line S 2WD Hybrid Auto
XADE

Post by XADE »

old man wrote: Thu Aug 11, 2022 7:45 pm
Are you intimating I'm stupid ? I had assumed, probably wrongly, that the OP wanted to leave his windows open whilst at home. Who in their right mind would leave their car unlocked with the windows open in a public place and I certainly wouldn't suggest that anybody should do so.
I'm sorry what? OP did not mention where, just asked about the function most cars I've had support.

I disagree, I've left my windows slightly ajar plenty of times at home, public/secure car parks, when getting fuel to keep the car cool, at supermarkets etc etc. I don't know where you live, but my cars have always been fine with a bit of common sense.
2022 Ultimate - Phantom Black
roadster

Post by roadster »

The major problem is that the car will very quickly lock itself if the doors are closed then the alarm goes off almost immediately. My instant fix when the car is on the drive is to leave a door or the tailgate open but I do miss the ability to leave windows ajar in this extreme weather. It must be very frustrating for those with a sun roof too. Its ironic that all windows can be opened by a long press of the remote unlock button but 60 seconds later the alarm goes off - embarrassment all round.
Tucson PHEV Premium
Philr

Post by Philr »

Irrespective of the rights or wrongs of leaving windows open on the drive, in a public car park, on top of a mountain or in the darkest depths of Mordor has anyone tried the procedure on page 5-19 of the manual?
Phil

I don't have a carbon footprint because I drive everywhere.

2022 Premium HEV

• You may also be interested in...
    Replies
    Views
    Last post