Tyre Pressure

Faults and Technical chat for the Hyundai Tucson
craigfeguson

Post by craigfeguson »

Hi, just noticed my tyre pressures are all different ranging from 31 to 38 anybody recommend what they should be on new tucson?

roadster

Post by roadster »

Every car has a plate with recommended tyre pressures. Dealers usually can't be bothered to check them on PDI so they are often at very high pressures used to seat the tyre when first assembled or shipped. If you want to save a bit of fuel there is no harm in going a couple of PSI above the lower recommendations although ride comfort might suffer slightly.
Tucson PHEV Premium
joolstdi

Post by joolstdi »

my Tiguan was suppose to have 38-42 psi which was rock hard for the comfort, it had 235/55/19 which I think is the same as the Tucson.
I found that 34psi was a really good comfortable ride firm but not uncomfortable.
Tucson Ultimate PHEV Auto + Teck Pack
Ordered Jan 2022
Delivered June 2022
Philr

Post by Philr »

The plate is on the drivers door B pillar. Check pressures when cold as they will all vary once you've been driving.
You may also want to check them with an old school pressure gauge to see how the sensors are calibrated - just compare the 2 and then you can make allowances in the future.
Assuming that your manual pressure gauge is accurate. Don't use a garage airline or the gauge on the compressor that comes with the car, if it has a gauge as I've not bothered getting it out yet.
Do not exceed the maximum pressure on the wall of the tyre.
Phil

I don't have a carbon footprint because I drive everywhere.

2022 Premium HEV
Tenbytriker

Post by Tenbytriker »

Looked in book looked on car both say 35psi mine were 41 up front and 38 on back when i picked it up was getting thrown about a bit now its 35 up front 35 in bk better ride but shows 35/34 when hot

• You may also be interested in...
    Replies
    Views
    Last post