Android 12 + continuing glitches

Faults and Technical chat for the Hyundai Tucson
Pogleswood

Post by Pogleswood »

Afternoon

In my last post I mentioned about continual alarm alerts, well I’ve been trying a few things to try and get to the bottom of the issue.
I’ve parked in my garage for the past two days and still continue to get alarm alerts, ironically even more at night which is strange.

In another previous post I mentioned about the problems I was having with android auto and that I’d thought I’d fixed the issue, well it never really went away was just confined to Google maps not functioning correctly, my phone updated to Android 12 yesterday, looks a lot nicer, but the android auto problem has returned with a vengeance, map is almost unreadable because it’s spinning so much, so switched to built in, guess what car icon was spinning and wouldn’t lock onto map correctly, disconnected usb connection map returned to normal.

So thought I’d go back to using Bluetooth audio from phone as I have been, music plays fine, a little quieter but fixed that, but now it now it doesn’t show track/artist/cover art info, display just gives an error message about phone not being compatible.

I’ve spoken to a couple of dealers, not the suppling one they’re about as much use as a chocolate teapot, and they are at loss to think what might be causing the issues, I believe it’s software based, has anyone successfully updated the software themselves without having a days visit to a dealer.

mah006

Post by mah006 »

Yes you can update the head unit software yourself here

https://update.hyundai.com/EU/E1/updateNoticeView/372
N Line S HEV Shadow Grey
Deleted User 487

Post by Deleted User 487 »

The update process is fairly straightforward and Hyundai provide an installer app that first provisions the USB stick (128GB is best) then downloads the update.

The in car update process takes around 45 minutes to complete.
alan sh

Post by alan sh »

I've just done mine with a 32Gb memory stick. Took about an hour and was in 2 parts - first it updated the maps and then, the firmware.

Alan
Alan

I own a 2022 Ultimate Hybrid with Tech Pack - in Red (best colour).
Also have two motorcycles. Honda CB1300 and Honda CBF1000 (also red, of course).
Pogleswood

Post by Pogleswood »

Hi

Thanks for the replies, I’ll give it a go tomorrow.

Thought I’d post an update on the android auto issues, in previous posts I’ve mentioned issues I’ve been having with android auto and Google maps in particular, so today we used my wife’s android phone, same make different model, for navigation everything worked fine no issues on our 45 minute journey.
Got me thinking why, I’ve got the blue link app on mine but I’ve never downloaded onto hers, so I deleted the app, used her phone again for navigation for 15 minutes to check everything was working, unplugged and connected mine with the same destination it’s worked as normal for the hour it took to get home.
I’m thinking that because the blue link app requires location data to work and so does Google/Android auto that maybe there is some sort of conflict between the two?.
alan sh

Post by alan sh »

It must be Android 12, because I am on Android 11 and have no issues with Google Maps and I have Bluelink loaded.

Alan
Alan

Also have two motorcycles. Honda CB1300 and Honda CBF1000 (also red, of course).
Pogleswood

Post by Pogleswood »

The problem persisted before the upgrade to android 12, took delivery of car 8th Feb and the issue with hindsight only came to light after loading the blu link app on my phone, previously I had a Kona for 2 years and never had any issues with android auto.
On the plus side since deleting blue link I’m not constantly pestered with alarm activation notifications.
Only thing that bugs me is it only uses a small portion of the screen.

Tucson Ultimate Hybrid Engine Red.
Kingtut

Post by Kingtut »

alan sh wrote: Fri Mar 25, 2022 11:43 am I've just done mine with a 32Gb memory stick. Took about an hour and was in 2 parts - first it updated the maps and then, the firmware.

Alan
I downloaded t the UpdateSW and then the Version for my Hybrid. Then ran the system update , general rather than quick, which took ~ 45 minutes with the car sat on the drive on EV most of the time, though the engine did kick in from time to time. It when all the way though and the failed !.
I'm missing the options to set the smart cruise control "speed up" setting fast/normal/slow as well as basic cruise control that were lost when the dealer did and update to the Nov11 SW.

Did I miss something in the SW update process, as you mention two steps ?
mah006

Post by mah006 »

You will need at least a 64gb usb drive for the Hybrid as 32gb is too small to fit all of the software & maps
N Line S HEV Shadow Grey
alan sh

Post by alan sh »

Mine went through in about an hour. Then, it told me it wanted to do a system update. I assume the first one was maps and the second one was where it updated the latest firmware.

Alan
Alan

• You may also be interested in...
    Replies
    Views
    Last post