Carplay

Faults and Technical chat for the Hyundai Tucson
Adrum74

Post by Adrum74 »

Hi. I’m having a nightmare with CarPlay in my 2021 Tucson Hybrid. It basically keeps throwing me off of CarPlay. I have tried different USB leads, different phones, I’ve reset the media system (the little button on the bottom left of the screen) checked all settings on my phone and even deleted my Bluelink user and re set it up again. No other ideas. Could the actual USB connection by faulty? Sometimes I can go for an hour or so without it stopping or it’ll do it every few seconds! So frustrating. Everything else seems ok. Bluetooth works fine. All I have to do is pull the usb cable out and back in again and most of the time it reconnects. Any help to fix this would be very much appreciated! Thanks

Deleted User 487

Post by Deleted User 487 »

Which version of iOS is your phone running?
Adrum74

Post by Adrum74 »

I’ve tried 3 different iPhones and they’ve all been kicked off at some point
roadster

Post by roadster »

I've trialled Carplay for a relatively short time and it did disconnect once without obvious cause. I won't be using it again until my favourite GPS/mapping programs include camera warnings. So far I have been underwhelmed by both carplay and android auto ( which does not as yet use the full 10.5" screen width).
Tucson PHEV Premium
Deleted User 487

Adrum74 wrote: Wed Mar 16, 2022 9:22 pm 15.3.1
I’ve tried 3 different iPhones and they’ve all been kicked off at some point
Apple have just released 15.4. You should update your phone to this version and see if the problem persists.

Also make sure your car has the November 21 update installed, download and instructions can be found here - https://update.hyundai.com/EU/E1/updateNoticeList
Adrum74

Post by Adrum74 »

Thanks for your advice. I’ve done both of those things now but it’s still doing it!?? The only thing I can think it is now is a faulty USB connection??
Deleted User 487

Adrum74 wrote: Sat Mar 19, 2022 3:38 pm Thanks for your advice. I’ve done both of those things now but it’s still doing it!?? The only thing I can think it is now is a faulty USB connection??
Also try cleaning the lightening port on your phone. It’s entirely possible that the connection is not great due to debris inside the phone. You’ll need a pair of narrow tweezers and a steady hand!
Southern Lad

Post by Southern Lad »

Silly question but have you made sure your cable can handle data transfer. Some are charge only?

Also as richarde says clean out the ports carefully. You can also bend the 2 pins slightly to make sure it's connecting. If nothing works it could be a faulty socket or loose wire behind etc. Bring it up with the dealer.
2022 1.6 H T-GDi 230ps Hybrid N Line S in Shadow Grey
Adrum74

Post by Adrum74 »

I didn’t know about the cable but I have used many types including the original Apple cable. I have cleaned the lightening port before but that’s a good idea. Only thing that concerns me is I’ve used other phones and they’ve been disconnected too. It’s going in on Tuesday!! Fingers crossed and thanks for your help
alan sh

Post by alan sh »

Have you tried an Android phone to see if that does it? If it does, then it's probably the USB port. I have an Android and it has never kicked me off.

Alan
Alan

I own a 2022 Ultimate Hybrid with Tech Pack - in Red (best colour).
Also have two motorcycles. Honda CB1300 and Honda CBF1000 (also red, of course).

• You may also be interested in...
    Replies
    Views
    Last post