Blue link anti theft alarm alerts

Faults and Technical chat for the Hyundai Tucson
Pogleswood

Post by Pogleswood »

Good afternoon

Was wondering if any one else who uses the blue link app gets many anti theft alarm alerts?
I’m currently getting at least 6 in a 24 hour period, weird thing is the actually vehicle alarm never goes off, has anyone else experienced this problem. The car is parked on my drive.

As another note I have found if you stand anywhere near the front of the vehicle for a prolonged period, when the vehicle is locked, the vehicle alarm will continually go off.

Many thanks

Hyundai Tucson Ultimate Hybrid

roadster

Post by roadster »

No mine doesn't do that although if I leave the car unlocked or a window is slightly open I get bombarded with messages. This behaviour is most likely to be a fault but you could try changing the setting shown here.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Clipboard-1.jpg

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Tucson PHEV Premium
Tejstar

Post by Tejstar »

I have had a few false alerts on mine over the last few months, but certainly not as many as you describe!
BigMezza67

Post by BigMezza67 »

I had 2 alerts the other night. The car is parked directly under the bedroom window and definitely did not go off audibly. Mentioned to the Hyundai dealer the next day, as the car was in for its first service, but he basically shrugged it off.

I’ve had the Infotainment system totally shutdown when I selected reverse gear (I have the hybrid) No response from any of the buttons. Restarted after the ignition was turned off and on again. Again, shrugged off by the dealer.

I’ve also had the ventilation system change its configuration between drives, i.e. aircon not on when parked up but turned on when ignition next started up.

It seems that there are a number of software glitches that need sorting out.
alan sh

Post by alan sh »

Have you upgraded to the Feb 22 release?

Alan
Alan

I own a 2022 Ultimate Hybrid with Tech Pack - in Red (best colour).
Also have two motorcycles. Honda CB1300 and Honda CBF1000 (also red, of course).
Pogleswood

Post by Pogleswood »

Hi

Having updated the firmware to latest I hoped it might stop the random alarm alerts, it hasn’t
they continue with alarming!! Regularity throughout the day & night, I’m now having to keep the car in my garage as it’s started annoying the neighbours, alarm still continues to go off randomly.
I phoned my 2 local dealers regarding the issue, the first hadn’t come across the problem, the second told me oh yes we know of this we’ve had a few in with the same problem in the past 3 months, it’s going into them on Monday so hopefully they’ll be able to fix it same day, fingers crossed for mine & my neighbours sanity.
Pogleswood

Post by Pogleswood »

Hi

Thought I’d post an update to my previous post, it’s also a reply to another query else where on the forum.

It appears that there is a service bulletin regarding the alarm going off, dealer showed me the service document, the fault is related to the central locking and alarm system and requires the replacement of 5 parts within the roof, the front ultra sonic sensors, sensor for tail gate located below shark fin, sensors for each rear door and one in the centre of the roof, presumably to sense if the sunroof is open or closed, unfortunately these parts are on back order with Hyundai and they have no idea of current delivery time.

Also whilst the car was in they carried out the most recent recall notice to check for faulty seals that may cause oil leaks.
Al94

Post by Al94 »

roadster wrote: Thu Mar 17, 2022 9:11 am No mine doesn't do that although if I leave the car unlocked or a window is slightly open I get bombarded with messages. This behaviour is most likely to be a fault but you could try changing the setting shown here.
Clipboard-1.jpg
It has started to happen to me, not so often so far - for example, car is parked locked in my driveway at the front door, alarm did not go off but got Bluelink notification of alarm activation within the past hour.
2022 1.6 TGDi Hybrid 230 Ultimate 5dr 2WD Auto
Kingtut

Post by Kingtut »

I had a false alarm on mine, after using the sunroof for the first time not long ago. Reading the comments about sensors above makes sense (but annoying on the parts front)

• You may also be interested in...
    Replies
    Views
    Last post