Firmware Update

Faults and Technical chat for the Hyundai Tucson
roadster

Post by roadster »

I have just updated the firmware/maps on the new car ( versions as delivered were dated last August). The on-line help is fairly generic and out of date so when I plugged the USB stick in and switched on I got a dialogue which was unexpected. It seems that it is possible to schedule the update to take place automatically at a later time but the documentation says nothing about this. I carried on with the immediate update and left the car switched on but didn't wait around to watch the screen. Possibly a mistake because when I checked 45 minutes later the update hadn't happened. However after I cycled the power there was another prompt offering the update and this proceeded quickly and finished in under ten minutes. My second mistake was removing the memory stick after the progress had reached 100% and the screen had gone black. Presumably there was supposed to be another message and because I had not waited for that an error message was thrown up. However on checking everything does seem to have updated correctly and the status window no longer has an active update button.

As for changes I haven't seen anything beyond cosmetic so far, but again no documentation listing changes. In fact no kind of read-me file that I could see. The one thing I was hoping for hasn't happened. Namely the opportunity to set the lane keep assist to warn only on a permanent basis. It still reverts to giving those disconcerting tweaks on the steering wheel every time you switch on.
Tucson PHEV Premium

old man

Post by old man »

Namely the opportunity to set the lane keep assist to warn only on a permanent basis
I believe (but not certain) that it's a legal requirement that lane assist and other systems cannot now be permanently turned off.
Whereas a couple of years ago you could buy an electronic device e,g, OBD11 to plug into the ECU socket and alter features yourself, the opportunity to do this has now been disabled by the manufacturers, so we have to live with what they give us.
Tucson N Line S 2WD Hybrid Auto
roadster

Post by roadster »

old man wrote: Mon Feb 14, 2022 11:38 am
Namely the opportunity to set the lane keep assist to warn only on a permanent basis
I believe (but not certain) that it's a legal requirement that lane assist and other systems cannot now be permanently turned off.
Whereas a couple of years ago you could buy an electronic device e,g, OBD11 to plug into the ECU socket and alter features yourself, the opportunity to do this has now been disabled by the manufacturers, so we have to live with what they give us.
In the other post I mention finding the Canadian manual and surprise surprise, one of the few differences is that the Canadian manual specifically says the opposite of the UK/Europe one.
page 7-30
Whenever the engine is turned on LKA will always turn on.
Canadian version:-
page 7-31
If the engine is restarted, Lane Keeping Assist will maintain the last setting.
Tucson PHEV Premium

• You may also be interested in...
    Replies
    Views
    Last post