Speed limit display of 37 mph

Faults and Technical chat for the Hyundai Tucson
RoboBarra

Post by RoboBarra »

Hi

Has anybody else come across this? I collected my new Tucson Ultimate Hybrid two weeks ago. I'm getting to like it quite a lot as I iron out niggles (and learn how things work!) One thing I cant fix though is the speed limit display on the sat nav and the drivers display. I live outside of a 30 mph zone but every time I start up the display shows 37 mph. When I pass a 30 sign it changes to 30 and when I leave a 30 zone it changes to 60....but the next day when I start up it will display 37 again. No big deal I know but I'm wondering if there's a fix?
Cheers

KeithB1

Post by KeithB1 »

I had a similar experience. I was messing about with the touch screen and steering wheel "buttons" and saw I'd got a speed limit sign of 18! No idea how it happened and no idea either how I got rid of it, but it's OK now. Perhaps it'll go away if you ignore it!!
DrElectron

Post by DrElectron »

My bet would be it has some kind of default to 60km/h which is then converted into mph to give you 37
I love my car, it's just a shame it was made by Hyundai
TimPage

Post by TimPage »

I've had a similar niggle with my 2021 SE Connect HEV where it reports the current speed limit as 80mph.
This has happened a few times normally when leaving a 30 limit.

Cheers
Tim
terryp

Post by terryp »

RoboBarra wrote: Wed Dec 08, 2021 3:16 pm Hi

Has anybody else come across this? I collected my new Tucson Ultimate Hybrid two weeks ago. I'm getting to like it quite a lot as I iron out niggles (and learn how things work!) One thing I cant fix though is the speed limit display on the sat nav and the drivers display. I live outside of a 30 mph zone but every time I start up the display shows 37 mph. When I pass a 30 sign it changes to 30 and when I leave a 30 zone it changes to 60....but the next day when I start up it will display 37 again. No big deal I know but I'm wondering if there's a fix?
Cheers
Not sure whether this wil fix it but it's worth a try.
Go to Bluelink and on the front page bottom right are three small dots labelled "More". On the following page there is a box for "Alert settings". On the following page is a prompt for both the interval of the alert and (if you press the button to switch it on) the speed at which the alert will trigger. You may find that this is set at 60kph (37 mph) so you can reset this to another speed.
I don't know if this is the answer but see if it works.
Tucson Ultimate Auto 230PS in Dark Teal. Love it!!

• You may also be interested in...
    Replies
    Views
    Last post