New Tucson GPF light on

Faults and Technical chat for the Hyundai Tucson
joolstdi

Post by joolstdi »

Hi would a different in fuel make a difference. E10 to E5 super unleaded has some used the E5 super unleaded and seen a difference. As E10 makes less mpg and has problems with water if left to long in tank.

Just putting it out there, to see if some one has seen a difference.

Jools
Tucson Ultimate PHEV Auto + Teck Pack
Ordered Jan 2022
Delivered June 2022

Southern Lad

Post by Southern Lad »

Looks like jools beat me to it👍😁
2022 1.6 H T-GDi 230ps Hybrid N Line S in Shadow Grey
Southern Lad

Post by Southern Lad »

joolstdi wrote: Sat Feb 05, 2022 2:14 pm Hi would a different in fuel make a difference. E10 to E5 super unleaded has some used the E5 super unleaded and seen a difference. As E10 makes less mpg and has problems with water if left to long in tank.

Just putting it out there, to see if some one has seen a difference.

Jools
As Joolstdi says the super unleaded could be the way forward. E10 is definitely making a difference to cars. I'm currently running Diesel Juke which has had dpf issues. The garage I use recommended using a dpf supplement once a month in tank. Then bi monthly fill with super diesel and it's worked a treat. The cleaning characteristics of super unleaded may be better for the gpf.
2022 1.6 H T-GDi 230ps Hybrid N Line S in Shadow Grey
Big S

Post by Big S »

DPF's and GPF's were added to cars to make them kick out less pollution that is linked to Asthma and other respiratory factors in humans, especially in heavily built up area's. I doubt anyone looked at the fact that they can clog up under certain driving conditions, which has now been exasperated by all the lower speed limits and sheer queuing of vehicles we all now endure on a daily basis.
Can't answer if they are fit for purpose or not but Hybrid's are a stepping stone to what the Government wants us all to buy and that's full blown electric vehicles. Trouble is they don't go far enough ( yet ) on one charge if you plan to do more than a commute to your place of work, so people have range anxiety.
Along with the fact that our beloved Government don't seem to want to give us too much help, such as scrappage schemes, higher subsides etc to get us to buy them.
It came to light recently that they have wasted £14 billion on unfit for purpose ppe and other stuff during this pandemic.
Still if we all rushed to order a pure electric vehicle I wonder if you can get one quicker than an N line Tuscon with Tech pack. Sorry to all you members waiting for yours just using the above as a example so to speak.
xtrailman

Post by xtrailman »

Sounds to me like the system of cleaning is faulty, the same issues occured on early DPF diesels .

I've had 4 cars with DPF only do local driving mainly, with a long run 3 times a year, otherwise towing 10 times a year, all on supermarket fuel, and never had an issue todate.
And never took it on a run to assist DPF cleaning.

Along with that I spend a lot of time on the Tiguan owners uk forum and not read of a single PPF issue...
Big S

Post by Big S »

xtrailman wrote: Sun Feb 06, 2022 2:16 pm Sounds to me like the system of cleaning is faulty, the same issues occured on early DPF diesels .

Don't think its the system of cleaning at fault its just that the engine is running at lower revs compared to a standard diesel or petrol engined car which keeps the temperature lower in the filter hence soot build up.
Hyundai's solution is to drive at higher revs to heat the GPF up, as to whether this is feasible or works is debatable judging from members post on here.
Mellage

Post by Mellage »

Mines only done 1700 miles and the gpf light has come on. I’ve just taken it for an hours motorway drive and it’s still there 😢
Is this a trip to the dealer at my expense? I wouldn’t have thought it would have come in this early.
Kind of clinging to the hope that if I stick premium fuel in it tomorrow it will clear the issue?
KeithB1

Post by KeithB1 »

Hello Mellage. Which engine have you got-petrol,hybrid or PHEV?
Mellage

Post by Mellage »

Oh, sorry that would help.
It’s the 1.6 TGDi petrol with the 48v battery
Update - I spoke to the delears and they said they’ve had a few come in with this when they shouldn’t and they are going to to a forced regen which should fix the issue.
joolstdi

Post by joolstdi »

Hi all I just found this on the internet same engine but in a kia.

So to avoid the light coming on (or if it does come on), from what ive understood from the above and other articles is...
its not the fast driving/harsh acceleration on sport that causes regen - but the deceleration

so go up to high speed then just take your foot off the pedals and let the car slow down a bit (as long as its safe to do so!)a few of these passive decelerations every now and then should prevent it clogging up.

hope this helps with super unleaded fuel.

Jools
Tucson Ultimate PHEV Auto + Teck Pack
Ordered Jan 2022
Delivered June 2022

• You may also be interested in...
    Replies
    Views
    Last post