New Tucson GPF light on

Faults and Technical chat for the Hyundai Tucson
old man

Post by old man »

TomH wrote: Mon Mar 14, 2022 10:08 am Is anyone having problems with the particulate filter light on the new Tuscon Tgdi 1.6 petrol , I’ve had mine come on twice in eight weeks . The dealer said I was not doing enough mileage and if it happens again they will charge me . They don’t mention this when they sell u it.
If you read my last post (3 above this one) you'll see I wrote that Hyundai have acknowledged there's a problem with the ECU software and are working on a fix.
Your dealer either doesn't know this or they're just being ignorant. You have a right to have the light extinguished free of charge. If they are not aware that Hyundai are working on a fix, get them to contact Hyundai Technical, or do it yourself via the chat line and take a copy of the conversation to your dealer. Don't let the chat line operator fob you off by telling you to visit your dealer, insist they contact technical on your behalf and get Technical to confirm what my dealer told me.
Not all dealers are created equal, some are helpful and others are just plain useless.

I theory, this problem can affect any variant of the new Tucson because they all have the same engine.
Tucson N Line S 2WD Hybrid Auto

Ianm

Post by Ianm »

Hi
Can I ask did your dealership change for the twice they have knocked it off? I’ve just had mine done today for the first time and been charged 30 minutes labour as they claim it is not covered by warranty….only done 2500 miles!!
old man

Post by old man »

Ianm wrote: Wed Mar 16, 2022 4:42 pm Hi
Can I ask did your dealership change for the twice they have knocked it off? I’ve just had mine done today for the first time and been charged 30 minutes labour as they claim it is not covered by warranty….only done 2500 miles!!
Ask for your money back. There's a fault with the ECU as mentioned previously, so the warranty should cover it.
TomH

Post by TomH »

Had the GPF light took off 3 times free of charge but they said they would charge if it came on again . Dealer tried to sell me a Kona saying there’s no problems with this model joke really
Jimmc

Post by Jimmc »

Drive it in sports mode or on the paddle shift
For about 10 miles give is sum hammer and it will clear
old man

Post by old man »

Jimmc wrote: Sun Apr 24, 2022 4:14 pm Drive it in sports mode or on the paddle shift
For about 10 miles give is sum hammer and it will clear

That is skirting the issue as this should not be happening on petrol powered cars. It's reverting to the bad old days of clogged DPFs on diesel cars when buyers weren't educated to the fact that short journeys in diesels were a bad thing.
If you're afflicted by this problem , you should be reporting to your dealer if you haven't already done so !
old man

Post by old man »

I found this article just now, which is interesting, especially the paragraph headed; How Does Petrol Particulate Filter Regenerate?

https://www.sinspeed.co.uk/blog/does-my ... te-filter/
AdrianG

Post by AdrianG »

I have just had the same issue crop up on my 71 plate 1.6 48v Tucson auto, I was advised by the main dealer I purchased the car from to give it a good run to burn the soot out of the system, I tried this tonight but not successful, my plan is to give it another go at the weekend.
2nd Tucson Ultimate HEV on order.
Dark Knight Pearl.
Expected early April 2024.
UK based.
joolstdi

Post by joolstdi »

AdrianG wrote: Thu May 26, 2022 6:56 pm I have just had the same issue crop up on my 71 plate 1.6 48v Tucson auto, I was advised by the main dealer I purchased the car from to give it a good run to burn the soot out of the system, I tried this tonight but not successful, my plan is to give it another go at the weekend.
I think your the first hybrid car that I have seen on hear with this problem, I think we all thought it just happened to the petrol only models
Tucson Ultimate PHEV Auto + Teck Pack
Ordered Jan 2022
Delivered June 2022
alan sh

Post by alan sh »

The 48v Tucson isn't a hybrid.

Alan
Alan

I own a 2022 Ultimate Hybrid with Tech Pack - in Red (best colour).
Also have two motorcycles. Honda CB1300 and Honda CBF1000 (also red, of course).

• You may also be interested in...
    Replies
    Views
    Last post