New Tucson GPF light on

Faults and Technical chat for the Hyundai Tucson
AdrianG

Post by AdrianG » Fri May 27, 2022 12:32 pm

No it is not a hybrid, Hyundai refer to it as a "mild hybrid" I'm still not sure what it actually contributes, It so called assists when pulling away etc to reduce fuel consumption.

Southern Lad

Post by Southern Lad » Fri May 27, 2022 2:01 pm

Hyundai’s 1.6-litre turbocharged petrol engine is supported when moving off by a belt starter-generator powered by a small lithium-ion battery (for a total of 148bhp). This gives a small surge of torque to help the petrol unit. However, the main purpose of the mild-hybrid system is so that the Tucson’s engine can shut down on the move when coasting, or earlier when coming to a junction, to help boost efficiency. The small battery runs the power steering, for example.
On Order: 1.6 H T-GDi 230ps Hybrid N Line S in Shadow Grey.

Order Date: Jan 10th 2022
Due into dealer 18th July(Didn't arrive)
Due - Unknown. Anytime from now....

joolstdi

Post by joolstdi » Fri May 27, 2022 6:27 pm

Southern Lad wrote:
Fri May 27, 2022 2:01 pm
Hyundai’s 1.6-litre turbocharged petrol engine is supported when moving off by a belt starter-generator powered by a small lithium-ion battery (for a total of 148bhp). This gives a small surge of torque to help the petrol unit. However, the main purpose of the mild-hybrid system is so that the Tucson’s engine can shut down on the move when coasting, or earlier when coming to a junction, to help boost efficiency. The small battery runs the power steering, for example.
well I did not know that, its true every days a school day and you learn something every day, especially on this forum.

and a update EMS Highway docking Tilbury 31-5-2022
Tucson Phev ultimate in Dark night Grey + Tech pack
Ordered 20-01-2022
Arrived in Tilbury on the 11th of May
Out of work shop 19th may
Arrived at dealership 8th of June
Pick up from Dealer 16th June. 22 weeks order from start to finish :D :D

AdrianG

Post by AdrianG » Sat May 28, 2022 5:07 pm

Tried giving it a run for thirty miles on the motorway yesterday using manual gear change (as my Tucson is an automatic) kept it in fifth gear at between 2500 and 3000 revs, taking foot off the accelerator to force regeneration when it was safe to do so, GPF lamp is still on. Booked it in the local Hyundai dealers where I purchased the vehicle to have investigated. Tried once more today in full automatic but in sport mode which keeps the revs higher, GPF lamp is still on. I have covered over 60 miles at high revs and constant speed to try to clear this but
not successful. 2900 miles
Tucson Ultimate, White, 1.6GDI 48v

xtrailman

Post by xtrailman » Sat May 28, 2022 6:51 pm

Perhaps its not actually blocked?

• You may also be interested in...
    Replies
    Views
    Last post