Charging a new plug-in Tucson

Faults and Technical chat for the Hyundai Tucson
Charles27

Post by Charles27 »

Help!!! I've just taken delivery of a plug-in Tucson. Having real trouble getting it to accept charge! My wall unit says "charge delayed" which apparently means the car is waiting for a scheduled charge. But on the car's control panel, I simply can't see how to set it so it ignores possible "departure times" and "off-peak periods". (If I want to restrict the time, I'll do that via the wall charger anyway.) Does anyone know how to tell the car to just accept the plug and take in the charge? I'm probably being stupid, but I just can't understand the instructions! (And I haven't even attempted to set the myriad of other options - voice recognition, for example.)

DrElectron

Post by DrElectron »

Not sure about directly on the car but if you use the blue link app it can be programmed there
My first and certainly last Hyundai: 2022 Tucson Phev Ultimate
Proterra

Post by Proterra »

Don’t use the Bluelink app to set schedules. I just plug in my Indra charger and that decides when to charge. I just set it to say I need the car by 0800. Sometimes it doesn’t come on till the early hours after being plugged in at 1800
Hockett

Post by Hockett »

You can over ride the schedule by pressing a button near were you plug in I think I read or watched or was told. To much information sometimes , hope this helps
Hockett

Post by Hockett »

Think it's the rubber one under the (filler cap?).
roadster

Post by roadster »

It may help to look at the charge management section on this page
http://webmanual.hyundai.com/STD_GEN5W/ ... hicle.html
Tucson PHEV Premium
David3

Post by David3 »

Hockett wrote: Sun Mar 06, 2022 4:27 pm You can over ride the schedule by pressing a button near were you plug in I think I read or watched or was told. To much information sometimes , hope this helps
Thanks I think you might have just answered my question to why didn't our Tucson charge last night when I had set scheduled charging, (first time using scheduled charging ) I'm sure I pressed the button after I had set scheduled charging to see what it does 🙈
Tucson ultimate plug-in with tech pack in Dark Knight grey pearl, not our first colour choice but it was available straight away instead of waiting till next year🙈😂

• You may also be interested in...
    Replies
    Views
    Last post