Mirrors & temperature gauge

Faults and Technical chat for the Hyundai Tucson
NoTwOld

Post by NoTwOld »

This being a fairly new car on the market it is us guys here that we use to find answers to issues as they happen, my last car had been on the market for several years so looking at the forum there was years of experience to fall back on.
So my issue is there are several country lanes near me that require mirrors in, my old car no matter what speed I was doing press in button and in they came, Tucson if moving press in button they stay out stop and then press in button and they stay in no matter what speed I do.
The other thing I miss is a temperature gauge as I like to get the car up to temperature before making it earn it’s keep unless I am missing something?

Big S

Post by Big S »

NoTwOld wrote: Sun Sep 12, 2021 3:35 pm
The other thing I miss is a temperature gauge as I like to get the car up to temperature before making it earn it’s keep unless I am missing something?
In case you haven't found the temperature gauge below is how to find it and display it.

On the right hand side of the steering wheel is some buttons, one of them looks like a book page with some lines in it.

Press this button to scroll through 4 options, the picture of a compass, miles per hour display in number form, a picture of the rear of the Tuscon with lines either side of it and the temperature gauge. These display on in the middle of your screen in front of the steering wheel. You can leave it on any of the 4 items you want to display.

Hope this helps members.
NoTwOld

Post by NoTwOld »

Hi Big S, thanks again, I have tried this but my 4 option comes up as tyre pressures, but like most things on the car press another button and something else shows up so I will look again.
Big S

Post by Big S »

NoTwOld wrote: Mon Jan 24, 2022 3:14 pm Hi Big S, thanks again, I have tried this but my 4 option comes up as tyre pressures, but like most things on the car press another button and something else shows up so I will look again.
O.K if your display is showing tyre pressures you need to use the silver oblong button below the book page button I mentioned in earlier post. It has pictures of 2 arrows by it and O.K next to it. This button has up and down functions and a push function, do not push, it just flick it up or down and you will see the Temperature gauge. Then if you want to see any of the other 3 items I mentioned before, you press the book page button 1-4 times. If you miss an item press again and it will just take you through the 4 items I described. The reason you saw tyre pressures is because that screen is a sub menu of the temperature screen. Hyundai has grouped things together i.e. T/ pressures and Temp/gauge. The compass menu is on its own. The car with lines around it and the MPH screens also have sub menus.
When car with lines around it is displayed flick oblong button up or down and you will see sub menus showing Speed Limit System, flick again it then shows Attention Level with a picture of a cup and saucer and the words last break. This screen indicates how long you have been driving since your last stop. ( useful for long journeys )
When in the MPH screen flick the oblong switch and a picture of a car comes up and shows Energy flow, this indicates how much engine power going to the battery.
Flick up or down again and Accumulated info screen shows, then Data since last refuel, then Drive information screen.

In the info screens you can press the oblong button in towards the steering wheel and hold it and the screen will go to all zeros. The same applies to the cup and saucer screen, for zeroing when you have had a break.

Not easy I know and the handbook can be confusing as well!!!!!!
Al94

Post by Al94 »

I've had mine 5 months and only discovered the temperature gauge at the weekend!
2022 1.6 TGDi Hybrid 230 Ultimate 5dr 2WD Auto
NoTwOld

Post by NoTwOld »

Thanks Big S, Looks like I will have to make a big mug of coffee and sit in the car and play some more.
NoTwOld

Post by NoTwOld »

Big S, jobs a good un Thanks

• You may also be interested in...
    Replies
    Views
    Last post