LED rear indicator bulbs that fit new Tucson NX4

Faults and Technical chat for the Hyundai Tucson
Wookash

Post by Wookash »

Hi,
Has anyone been successful with exchanging incandescent rear indicator bulbs with LED bulbs?
They are so low, so improved visibility would help. Besides, LED look crisp and sharp, while incandescent are way outdated in such a modern car.
The replacement bulbs need to be designed for Canbus and free from hyper blink issues. Maybe someone has already dealt with the issue and could offer us their recommendation?
I bet many of us would be willing to invest a few quid for improved safety.
The same relates to reverse bulbs.

Colin-C

Post by Colin-C »

I've not seen any replacements/upgrades but I wholly agree that the use of incandescent lamps is somewhat outdated, this, coupled with the need to dismantle the rear inner arch to change a bulb is a bit off.
Tenbytriker

Post by Tenbytriker »

I am sure i read something on the usa tucson forum a English dude got some of amazon the sort your looking for will try and find it again thinks i googled it and that came up
Tenbytriker

Post by Tenbytriker »

Imagehope this worked

Screenshot_20220605-212105_Chrome.jpg

Tenbytriker

Post by Tenbytriker »

This is what he has posted that he used not saying their right but he said they work fine
Deleted User 616

Post by Deleted User 616 »

I fitted some from Amazon and they worked fine. Just be aware, but please verify, no led car replacement bulbs are road legal in UK, so if that's true, you fit them at your own risk, plus if something goes wrong not sure if Hyundai warranty would cover repairs. I'd assumed Hyundai hadn't fitted led standalone bulbs due to legality. However, they are easier to fit if you have small hands but I managed with my large mits by only removing the two lugs that hold the cover plates. The cover plates have four fasteners, two lugs and two push on. I removed lugs with trim removal tool and pushed the plastic cover to one side to get me hand in. Bit fiddly but it's doable, again at your own risk if you do it. I have read that you should not use more than two of these bulbs in a vehicle and if you have a towbar it may effect your trailer/caravan lighting. I have to say when they are fitted they are infinitely better. I left them in for a couple of months with no errors and then when I read not road legal I removed them. Bulbs where Sidaqi 2pc canbus from UK amazon @ your risk!
Matt2725

Post by Matt2725 »

The N-Line and N-Line S have LED rear indicators and reverse lights, so Hyundai do have an option for LEDs in the rear bumper on the Tucson. I was surprised they didn't fit them to the Ultimate truth be told. The design is slightly different to the regular incandescent lights sure but it is an option at least.
Deleted User 616

Post by Deleted User 616 »

Agreed. With such a modern design you would have though they would have used leds throughout the range and perhaps integrated them into the overall rear lighting design in the hatch rather than bumper. But hey, minor stuff, car is great.

• You may also be interested in...
    Replies
    Views
    Last post