Dash cam wiring

Faults and Technical chat for the Hyundai Tucson
Colin-C

Post by Colin-C »

Has anyone wired a dashcam into a 2021 Tucson? I got all the wires in, mounted the camera, even found a nice convenient negative polarity bolt connector point behind the throttle pedal. I went to select the "doubler" fuse connector from the selection supplied with the power supply and lo and behold they are all too big, the fuses on the panel are minute.

I'm just looking for inspiration now, hopefully I am being a bit slow and I've missed something. hopefully someone has a simple answer.

Not sure if it makes a difference but it's an Ultimate Hybrid.

Colin-C

Post by Colin-C »

OK, an update,

I totally missed the fact that there is a "Micro2" fuse size so got one of those adaptors on order and now just got to sort out which is the fuse for the 12v aux (cigarette lighter) style socket as that seems the logical one to tap into.
Proterra

Post by Proterra »

I had mine installed for me as I didn’t want be messing around in the fusebox
JWJarts

Post by JWJarts »

Hi,

I'm new here and am seeking some advice. I've just been informed that my new Tucson Hybrid is being delivered next week. I'm keen to have a dashcam installed but the Hyundai Dealer will only fit a Nextbase 380GW. I'd love to know what make of dashcams you guys have and how well they fit in the Tucson.

Thanks in advance.
NoTwOld

Post by NoTwOld »

Hi, I have fitted Nextbase 265 front only but NOT hardwired (dealer will hardwire) it works fine used this one as I took it out of my last car and was simple to hide wires.
Colin-C

Post by Colin-C »

I have a Nextbase 412GW front facing camera with the wiring down into the fuse box under the left side of the steering wheel, nice and easy to hide the cable and once you find the right fuse to tap into it's a pretty straightforward and neat hard--wire.
kjr

Post by kjr »

Hi,

I'm new here too, so hi to all.

I have a delivery date of 1st Sept for my PHEV Ultimate and the next day I'm having a Blackvue dashcam fitted at Halford's. They charge only £55 for the installation and this is for front and rear cameras.
I consider this money well spent to ensure it is wired correctly and, of course, if anything does go wrong then there is recourse.
I used Halford's for my previous car, also a Tucson, and they were more than happy to resolve a problem that was causing too much drain on the car battery. They did this even after a few months and replaced a part that was not functioning properly, for no charge and with no objection.
AndyThornton

Post by AndyThornton »

Colin-C wrote: Mon Aug 23, 2021 7:39 pm I have a Nextbase 412GW front facing camera with the wiring down into the fuse box under the left side of the steering wheel, nice and easy to hide the cable and once you find the right fuse to tap into it's a pretty straightforward and neat hard--wire.
Hi Colin
Which Fuses did you tap onto? I need continuous supply and switched as I have parking guard.
Thanks Andy
I have fitted a rear camera powered and recorded from the front. If anyone is fitting this to the tailgate be careful removing the weather strip around the tailgate opening as it has black sealant around the top part that drips like treacle.
It will make a mess of you headlining.
NoTwOld

Post by NoTwOld »

The thing that amazes me is my Tucson is an ultimate with tec pack so it has every component to do the work of a dash cam but cannot because in some countries it is not allowed on privacy grounds, so why not put a live outlet by the interior mirror and one in tailgate to plug in your own device save taking the car apart to fit one
Colin-C

Post by Colin-C »

AndyThornton wrote: Fri Sep 10, 2021 5:17 pm Hi Colin
Which Fuses did you tap onto? I need continuous supply and switched as I have parking guard.
Thanks Andy
Hi Andy

I used the sunroof fuse for the switched supply, not bothered about a continuous supply as the Nextbase internal battery is claimed to do that.

• You may also be interested in...
    Replies
    Views
    Last post