Steering wheel rocker switches (volume and cruise)

Faults and Technical chat for the Hyundai Tucson
cliffox

Post by cliffox »

About 1 month after the 5 year warranty expired, the 'Vol+' button stopped working. Hyundai said take it to dealer and they 'may' do a free repair as a goodwill gesture. Dealer says, come on down and we'll do a diagnostic test, £95 please. I said, it doesn't need diagnostics, it is the switch...nope, diagnostics, £95 please.
Anyway, never went, decided I could use the main radio control...
This weekend, cruise control + button stopped working...
My assumption is that there are little rocker arms operating buttons above/below the switch and one of the arms is broken off - anyone else had this issue and any suggestions on fixing it, other than replacing (messy due to air-bag?)
This morning, the tailgate 'struts' seem to have given up presumably the piston mechanism - any suggestions, other than replace... found them for £25 for a pair so not the end of the world but very annoying on what should be a decent quality vehicle...
Input welcomed!
Cliff

matthuggybear

Post by matthuggybear »

Hi Cliffox,

I'm only in my 4 year with Tucson so haven't came across any out of warranty work.
Try looking on YouTube how to video's as they have gotten me out of trouble. For parts you could look for on ebay or Ali Express.

Good luck,

Matt
Tucson CDRi 1.7 Sport Edition 2017
i20 2018 SE
i10 Play 2020

• You may also be interested in...
    Replies
    Views
    Last post