Scheduled charging

Faults and Technical chat for the Hyundai Tucson
Dave today

Post by Dave today »

Hi
I’m on a EV electric tariff so try to charge my PHEV between midnight and 5 am.
The car keeps losing its scheduled charging settings. So can be a bit of a lottery on to see if it charges to the schedule, just charges straight away, or not charging at all.

Does anyone else have this problem.

Thanks
Uk 2023 Tucson ultimate PHEV Amazon grey

David3

Post by David3 »

What type of charger are you using? We were using a standard 3pin charger we soon realized if you plugged the charger in to early the car would stop recognising it was plugged in, we ended up waiting till 10pm every night before plugging the car in for it to start charging at 12.30am, I have now installed a timed outdoor socket from Wicks (a digital one not the manual timer as this has a memory function in case of a power cut) I turned off the scheduled charging on the car and let the socket timer do it, so far no issues and my wife can plug the car in as soon as she gets home from work rather than us taking it in turns going out at 10pm to plug it in
Hope this helps

If you look on the US forum there's lots of complaints about this but Hyundai don't seem to recognise it
Tucson ultimate plug-in with tech pack in Dark Knight grey pearl, not our first colour choice but it was available straight away instead of waiting till next year🙈😂
Dave today

Post by Dave today »

Thanks for that.
I’m using a 3 pin charger.
Good idea to get a timed socket instead. Might be more reliable.
Uk 2023 Tucson ultimate PHEV Amazon grey
chrisdobb

Post by chrisdobb »

Good example of old tech out performing new tech.
Just saying.
David3

Post by David3 »

David3 wrote: Sun Nov 26, 2023 9:53 am What type of charger are you using? We were using a standard 3pin charger we soon realized if you plugged the charger in to early the car would stop recognising it was plugged in, we ended up waiting till 10pm every night before plugging the car in for it to start charging at 12.30am, I have now installed a timed outdoor socket from Wicks (a digital one not the manual timer as this has a memory function in case of a power cut) I turned off the scheduled charging on the car and let the socket timer do it, so far no issues and my wife can plug the car in as soon as she gets home from work rather than us taking it in turns going out at 10pm to plug it in
Hope this helps

If you look on the US forum there's lots of complaints about this but Hyundai don't seem to recognise it
This failed to charge last night, I was still up at the set charge time and noticed on the smart meter no additional power draw so went out to check the charger the charger was powered up so the timed socket was working fine I checked the plug was fully inserted into the car which it was so then removed the plug and reinserted it, it started to charge immediately and the power draw on the smart meter confirmed this however at some point during the charging period it stopped charging as the battery only went up to 50% it was at around 40% to start with, the only difference last night was the temperature was down to around -4°, has anyone else had this happen with a timed charger opposed to the cars scheduled charging which I know does have issues?
Thanks

David
David3 wrote: Sun Nov 26, 2023 9:53 am What type of charger are you using? We were using a standard 3pin charger we soon realized if you plugged the charger in to early the car would stop recognising it was plugged in, we ended up waiting till 10pm every night before plugging the car in for it to start charging at 12.30am, I have now installed a timed outdoor socket from Wicks (a digital one not the manual timer as this has a memory function in case of a power cut) I turned off the scheduled charging on the car and let the socket timer do it, so far no issues and my wife can plug the car in as soon as she gets home from work rather than us taking it in turns going out at 10pm to plug it in
Hope this helps

Tucson ultimate plug-in with tech pack in Dark Knight grey pearl, not our first colour choice but it was available straight away instead of waiting till next year🙈😂

• You may also be interested in...
    Replies
    Views
    Last post