Driver seat loss of shape

Faults and Technical chat for the Hyundai Tucson
Lawman

Post by Lawman »

I have a second hand Tucson Ultimate (21 plate) with approx 20K miles on the clock. I've had it about 6 months from a Tucson dealer, but no knowledge of the previous owner.
Recently observed that the driver seat (light grey leather) is becoming misshapen and lacking support for my rear end. I'm a mere 80kg and so don't think it is my weight that has caused the problem.

Have any other drivers seen a similar issue?
Is it possible to get the seat re-filled professionally without compromising any warranty regarding the heated and cooled seat functions?

Thanks for any suggestions
2022 Tucson Hybrid (HEV) 230ps Ultimate: UK
Dark Knight Moss Grey interior.

DrElectron

Post by DrElectron »

I have noticed that the leather on the seat pad has stretched a little and the outer bolster has gone a bit flat. 18 months and 22k miles.

I wouldn't worry about the Hyundai warranty, it isn't worth the paper it's printed on
My first and certainly last Hyundai: 2022 Tucson Phev Ultimate
Lawman

Post by Lawman »

Thanks, it sounds similar to mine.
2022 Tucson Hybrid (HEV) 230ps Ultimate: UK
Dark Knight Moss Grey interior.
Andyr46

Post by Andyr46 »

Exactly same leather seat issue on my 2023 Tucson PHEV, 6,000 miles. Not happy.
pharaoh

Post by pharaoh »

Back to the dealer, you have a 5 year warranty !
DrElectron

Post by DrElectron »

pharaoh wrote: Wed Apr 03, 2024 8:35 am Back to the dealer, you have a 5 year warranty !
This will be classed as 'wear and tear'
pharaoh

Post by pharaoh »

DrElectron wrote: Fri Apr 05, 2024 2:48 pm
pharaoh wrote: Wed Apr 03, 2024 8:35 am Back to the dealer, you have a 5 year warranty !

I'm sure that some dealers will try that ploy and maybe even Hyundai themselves, but for a 2023 car with 6000 miles on the clock this is simply unacceptable.
It's noted that you have a jaundiced view of Hyundai and maybe you have good reason to be, but you should not be steering owners away from confronting their dealer.
If more owners stood up to Hyundai and their dealers, they may not be so quick to dismiss us. We are paying for that 5 year guarantee within the purchase price and Hyundai (or any other make) should be held accountable for supplying goods that are not fit for purpose.
These big companies wield a big stick and are not afraid to beat us with it - it's high time we pushed back !!
DrElectron

Post by DrElectron »

pharaoh wrote: Fri Apr 05, 2024 3:29 pm
DrElectron wrote: Fri Apr 05, 2024 2:48 pm

I'm sure that some dealers will try that ploy and maybe even Hyundai themselves, but for a 2023 car with 6000 miles on the clock this is simply unacceptable.
It's noted that you have a jaundiced view of Hyundai and maybe you have good reason to be, but you should not be steering owners away from confronting their dealer.
If more owners stood up to Hyundai and their dealers, they may not be so quick to dismiss us. We are paying for that 5 year guarantee within the purchase price and Hyundai (or any other make) should be held accountable for supplying goods that are not fit for purpose.
These big companies wield a big stick and are not afraid to beat us with it - it's high time we pushed back !!
I don't disagree, I'm just basing it on previous experiences. Good Luck!
kassy64

Post by kassy64 »

Not everything is covered by the 5 year warranty, I believe for example that the clutch is 2 years or 10k miles, and a lot of other mechanical items. Personally I would prefer a 3 year warranty that covers everything opposed to a 5 year warranty (in name only) as most parts are covered for a lot less than 5 years. Your correct though a seat should hold up better than you has. Keep at them you may get a result.
3puddings

Post by 3puddings »

The fabric seats on my 23 reg Premium are naff quality.
2023 Hyundai Tucson Hybrid Premium 230 BHP

• You may also be interested in...
    Replies
    Views
    Last post