Blind spot collision warning stopped working.

Faults and Technical chat for the Hyundai Tucson
Mr.C

Post by Mr.C »

Can someone help please?
Up until today my BSCW was working fine.
Indicator in mirror would light up and if I indicated I had a visual warning.
The option to enable or disable warnings is also grayed out in the menu options.
Could this be a fuse?
I recently had a dash cam fitted - front and rear.
Wiring looks OK though.
Car has still got 2 months warranty left.
Don't want to go to dealership if it's something simple.
No other issues. Parking Sensors working fine front and rear and camera system.

Indalo

Post by Indalo »

Mr.C wrote: Fri Oct 27, 2023 5:56 pm Could this be a fuse?
I recently had a dash cam fitted - front and rear.
Don't want to go to dealership if it's something simple.
You should be able to check the fuses by yourself. However, the person/company that fitted the cameras should be able to check them for you, especially if you suggest that there was never a problem until you had the cameras fitted.

It could, of course, simply be a failure of a component that could occur at any time and the relationship with the camera work might be irrelevant. Do both cameras actually work?
2023 Tucson Hybrid (HEV) Ultimate; ordered 12/05/23 - collected from dealership 07/06/23.
nje

Post by nje »

I’ve got the same problem, neither the blind spot warning or lane keep assist works. They haven’t just stopped working I don’t think they were working when I got the car last week. I’ve made sure that they are turned on in settings and with the steering wheel button.
The ‘lane keep’ emblem shows up continuously white and never turns green.
If I could identify the fuse then I could check it easy enough but having studied the manual, it’s as clear as mud. If nobody has come across this problem the I’ll take it to the dealer but I’d like to resolve it myself if I can.
2023 Tucson Ultimate PHEV - Teal with Moss grey interior
Arrived at dealer- 10/10/23
Delivered to me -18/10/23
Philr

Post by Philr »

nje wrote: Sat Oct 28, 2023 12:06 pm I’ve got the same problem, neither the blind spot warning or lane keep assist works. They haven’t just stopped working I don’t think they were working when I got the car last week. I’ve made sure that they are turned on in settings and with the steering wheel button.
The ‘lane keep’ emblem shows up continuously white and never turns green.
If I could identify the fuse then I could check it easy enough but having studied the manual, it’s as clear as mud. If nobody has come across this problem the I’ll take it to the dealer but I’d like to resolve it myself if I can.

Even if it is a fuse, which I doubt, it will probably need resetting on the software side and may be an indication that something else is amiss and why would a fuse blow anyway?

If you've only had the car a couple of weeks take it back and let them sort it.
Phil

I don't have a carbon footprint because I drive everywhere.

2022 Premium HEV
nje

Post by nje »

Thanks - that’s what I’ll be doing. I’m away for a few days so I’ll get round to the local dealer as soon as I can when I get back
nje

Post by nje »

It appears that the blind spot warning does work and so does the lane keep assist. After driving for about 20 miles on a dual carriageway the two green lines on my dash illuminated and so did the warnings in my wing mirrors indicating that there were vehicles in adjacent lanes. I’ve driven about 160 miles over the last couple of days on various types of roads and the blind spot warning continues to work ok, however the lane keep assist is intermittent and only works on the minority of roads and it doesn’t perform well even on a dual carriageway with clear markings. I now think it’s either a software fault or possibly a camera fault. I’ll take it in to the dealer when I get a chance and have a word, luckily it isn’t anything that presents a safety issue or prevents me from enjoying driving it.
PhilHornby

Post by PhilHornby »

nje wrote: Wed Nov 01, 2023 11:57 am however the lane keep assist is intermittent and only works on the minority of roads and it doesn’t perform well even on a dual carriageway with clear markings.
Lane Keep Assist doesn't work very well at the best of times :roll: - I think most people turn it off as part of their pre-drive check!
Lane Follow Assist, on the other hand, is really quite good.

(They are different software implementations using the same hardware).

See my post in this thread for a Youtube video that explains the differences in detail.
N Line S Hybrid (HEV).
23 plate - built Nov '22
nje

Post by nje »

Philhornby- thanks for the link, interesting explanation. I’ll monitor it for a while

• You may also be interested in...
    Replies
    Views
    Last post