Plug in Hybrid Engine Failure (1000 miles)

Faults and Technical chat for the Hyundai Tucson
NLineS

Post by NLineS »

If this happened to my car before it was 6 months old I'd reject for a full refund no questions asked. No way would I accept a repair.

PhilHornby

Post by PhilHornby »

Well the O/P's description sounds quite dramatic, but a much more mundane issue (like a blown fuel pump fuse), would probably bring the vehicle to halt in just the same way...
...though it wouldn't "sound like a box of spanners".

If the ICE has suffered a catastrophic failure, it probably wouldn't be in Hyundai's interest to pay Main Dealer labour charges to repair it anyway.
N Line S Hybrid (HEV).
23 plate - built Nov '22
Gunkan

Post by Gunkan »

The latest update is that the car suffered an HSG failure. In all honesty this looks like a bit of bad luck. A part is on order which will be fitted and then we will see where we are. I cannot fault the dealership - they have been great.
Indalo

Post by Indalo »

Gunkan wrote: Wed Sep 13, 2023 2:00 pm A part is on order which will be fitted and then we will see where we are.
Good! Sounds like a plan. :D
2023 Tucson Hybrid (HEV) Ultimate; ordered 12/05/23 - collected from dealership 07/06/23.
r0n

Post by r0n »

One week on, did this get resolved ?
2023 Tucson - Premium - Petrol - Manual
Gunkan

Post by Gunkan »

Quick update. Am still waiting for "parts" Car is still in the workshop......I do now have a "long term" hire car (with no fixed end date) so suspect it will be a while.......this is about to be week 4. :-(
r0n

Post by r0n »

Gunkan wrote: Thu Sep 28, 2023 5:40 pm Quick update. Am still waiting for "parts" Car is still in the workshop......I do now have a "long term" hire car (with no fixed end date) so suspect it will be a while.......this is about to be week 4. :-(
The failure you described a few posts back , have you looked it up online ? Do you know exactly what parts are being repaired / replaced ?
2023 Tucson - Premium - Petrol - Manual
Yorkie

Post by Yorkie »

1.6 TGDi Plug-in Hybrid Ultimate 5dr 4WD Dark Knight Grey
Richmjg

Post by Richmjg »

Completely agree with NlineS. I’ve had a problem with my MHEV engine. My car has been with the dealer for nearly 5 months. Even if they agree to fix it on the warranty you’ll have a long wait. I’d contact citizens advice for help and reject it if it’s under 6 months old.
Saltcreek

Post by Saltcreek »

I would think it would be pretty easy for the dealer to prove that the fault was not there at the point of sale, not sure if returning is the right way forward or how easy that would be. Interestingly enough you might be able to get some money back since the repair is taking so long.

If there is no end date in sight then maybe you could return but the risk would be how quickly you could replace the car. You may just end up massively out of pocket filling the gap.

• You may also be interested in...
    Replies
    Views
    Last post