DAB radio interruption with an alarm message

Faults and Technical chat for the Hyundai Tucson
Petet

Post by Petet »

Recently had a recall for a break vacuum pump. On collection of my car I keep getting interruptions on my radio with a message ' alarm, followed by a different radio station playing and a cancel button'
I have re scanned the channels, even pressed factory reset but the alarm comes on again on first starting my car and about every 10 minutes after that.
Help please.
Hyundai claim it is not there problem but it never happened before the recall.
The car is under warranty.

PhilHornby

Post by PhilHornby »

I've not heard of it before, but I found this: https://www.worlddab.org/dab/emergency-warnings
N Line S Hybrid (HEV).
23 plate - built Nov '22
Petet

Post by Petet »

Cheers Philhornby I have seen this but my alarm takes me to a different channel, no warnings just music.
I wondered if during the recall and the battery probably being disconnected if this may have caused the problem.
Deleted User 616

Post by Deleted User 616 »

Petet wrote: Wed Jul 26, 2023 12:29 pm Recently had a recall for a break vacuum pump. On collection of my car I keep getting interruptions on my radio with a message ' alarm, followed by a different radio station playing and a cancel button'
I have re scanned the channels, even pressed factory reset but the alarm comes on again on first starting my car and about every 10 minutes after that.
Help please.
What Tucson model do you have? If it doesn't already have it, and your model is supported, have you tried updating the infotainment software to the latest version to see if that makes any difference?

The only other thing I can kinda remember when I used to listen to the radio, is the Traffic Announce feature (TA) or Traffic Programme (TP). That used to change radio channel I seem to recall.
Cspayne

Post by Cspayne »

Hi ours is doing the exact same thing, have you found a fix yet? Cheers
Ri20

Post by Ri20 »

I’m getting this too, can’t find a way to stop it. Just started randomly happening about a week ago.

Are you in the North East? I’m wondering if the radio station is broadcasting at a weird frequency or something like that?
Petet

Post by Petet »

I am almost sure this is a dab signal issue. I have tried to contact the BBC but their site just takes me in circkes
Petet

Post by Petet »

I am in the north east.
LeeHayton

Post by LeeHayton »

Hi, it's started happening to me in the last week. :x
3puddings

Post by 3puddings »

Petet wrote: Wed Jul 26, 2023 12:29 pm Recently had a recall for a break vacuum pump. On collection of my car I keep getting interruptions on my radio with a message ' alarm, followed by a different radio station playing and a cancel button'
Help please.
So because Hyundai cant fix it under warranty its not there problem!
2023 Hyundai Tucson Hybrid Premium 230 BHP

• You may also be interested in...
    Replies
    Views
    Last post