Sun roof

Faults and Technical chat for the Hyundai Tucson
Dave today

Post by Dave today »

Hi all
I’ve got a week old ultimate plug in.
Does anyone know if it’s possible to get the sun roof to open when you use the key fob to auto open the windows.
My old Passat used to do this but the Tucson just does the windows.
Uk 2023 Tucson ultimate PHEV Amazon grey

Deleted User 616

Post by Deleted User 616 »

Dave today wrote: Tue Jun 13, 2023 7:17 am Hi all
Does anyone know if it’s possible to get the sun roof to open when you use the key fob to auto open the windows.
Only the windows I'm afraid.

I know with my previous VW, I had the full VCDS Software and I could 'enable' many functions including window roll down from keyfob. Not sure if the same is available for Hyundai though.
XADE

Post by XADE »

IngerzSH wrote: Tue Jun 13, 2023 7:30 am

I know with my previous VW, I had the full VCDS Software and I could 'enable' many functions including window roll down from keyfob. Not sure if the same is available for Hyundai though.
I've always wondered if this would be a thing for Hyundai's, although it would break quite a few safety regs and laws maybe. I know my brother plugs some sort of hardware under his steering wheel to update the software for more functionality on his VW T-Roc.
2022 Ultimate - Phantom Black
old man

Post by old man »

XADE wrote: Tue Jun 13, 2023 8:18 am
IngerzSH wrote: Tue Jun 13, 2023 7:30 am

I've always wondered if this would be a thing for Hyundai's, although it would break quite a few safety regs and laws maybe. I know my brother plugs some sort of hardware under his steering wheel to update the software for more functionality on his VW T-Roc.
Your brother will be plugging his device into the OBD diagnostic port which all recent cars have. I have a reader myself, but I've only ever used it to read fault codes.
It used to bother me somewhat during the tenure of my 2 previous Skodas, when reading posts on the Briskoda forum from people making multiple changes to the way their car was set up when it left the factory. It made me think that if buying a used car - even one that wasn't very old - we never quite know what we're getting if the previous owner has altered factory settings.
I seem to remember reading a while back that manufacturers, the VAG group in this case, were starting to install software that couldn't be altered by the man in the street.
I'd be interested to know if anyone here has tried altering settings on their Tucson via the OBD port ?
Tucson N Line S 2WD Hybrid Auto
Pogleswood

Post by Pogleswood »

Hi
I think you’ll find it’s a safety feature, as the roof opens it slides over the rear it’s probably to prevent it hitting any obstructions, I had a Jaguar XE for a short while and queried why the sunroof didn’t open from the key, which my BMW did, it too slide over the rear part of the roof Jaguar said it was in case you incorrectly fitted roof rails for bikes or box which would cause the roof too shatter.
Having used rails on my 2021 hybrid I’ve always taken great care to ensure they leave enough clearance just in case one of the family opens the roof whilst they are on, I have heard a couple of horror stories of roofs catching and shattering.
Leeds70

Post by Leeds70 »

I have a Tucson Ultimate 2022. The drivers side upper roof curtain has been deployed, this has caused the glass roof to pop off the track. Does anyone know how I can rectify this please?
Philr

Post by Philr »

A dealer visit to find out why and also to fix. I suspect if you diy you'll invalidate warranty if they ever found out.
Phil

I don't have a carbon footprint because I drive everywhere.

2022 Premium HEV

• You may also be interested in...
    Replies
    Views
    Last post