Petrol flap on NX4 Hybrid.

Faults and Technical chat for the Hyundai Tucson
alan sh

Post by alan sh »

Mine does not have any sort of electric actuator as far as I know.

Alan
Alan

I own a 2022 Ultimate Hybrid with Tech Pack - in Red (best colour).
Also have two motorcycles. Honda CB1300 and Honda CBF1000 (also red, of course).

EJH

Post by EJH »

Alan, FWIU after the is car is unlocked the mechanism at the fuel filler hasn't unlocked for the OP. You're right us hybrid owners just push the flap to open, but if the actuator hasn't released the flap after unlocking, we're going nowhere fast 😖
Ultimate 230 Hybrid+Tech pack, Teal & moss grey
Ordered Mar 26th '22
Collected Nov 2nd 2022
31 weeks 4 days :shock: :roll: :roll:
EJH

Post by EJH »

I wonder if this issue is related to some having fuel filler flap not seating properly? 🤔
Ultimate 230 Hybrid+Tech pack, Teal & moss grey
Ordered Mar 26th '22
Collected Nov 2nd 2022
31 weeks 4 days :shock: :roll: :roll:
PhilHornby

Post by PhilHornby »

I had this issue yesterday - but it released when I locked and unlocked the car (basically, the filler flap lock was out-of-line with the door locks).

The situation leading up to this was out of the ordinary, in that I'd been waiting for a woman - who was blocking 3 pumps! - to move and had been stationary in "D" with Auto-hold engaged. My partner got bored and got out to go to the shop; when I eventually moved next to the pump, I engaged "P" and the handbrake, turned the car off and tried to open the filler...and failed. At the point, the passenger door was open, all four windows were down and the sunroof open. Since this vehicle has all manner of strange "interlocks",I shut all of them and tried again. It wasn't until I did the Lock/Unlock sequence that it let me in.

When I got home, I tried to reproduce this scenario, but failed. I did find that you can easily induce the opposite - where the car is locked, but the filler flap isn't - simply by locking the car before closing the flap.
N Line S Hybrid (HEV).
23 plate - built Nov '22
DrElectron

Post by DrElectron »

iggi wrote: Mon May 15, 2023 9:14 pm even if you took the arch cover off there is no emergency way of opening it. I asked Hyundai who would be liable if I had to rip the petrol flap off. They answered "I don't know"
I was stranded one Sunday evening unable to open the fuel cap, pulled the lever and not only did it not open, but the pin broke off too.
Hyundai declined warranty and Motor Ombudsman agreed that I should have had the vehicle towed to a dealership for repair rather than pull the handle, despite it being a design flaw

On that basis Hyundai wont be covering anything that you dare to touch
My first and certainly last Hyundai: 2022 Tucson Phev Ultimate
Dodg

Post by Dodg »

Been having opening problems with my fuel flap for about the last 6 months. Car serviced last week & this issue was mentioned to the dealer - they said they would look into it. Collected car post service but no mention of flap issue. Got home, tried flap & can't get it to open at all now. Tried again just now & still firmly closed. Gotta go back to the dealer next Weds to get it sorted - looks like they failed to deal wih it during the service. Not happy😠

Hybrid Ultimate 230ps Teal UK
PhilHornby

Post by PhilHornby »

Dodg wrote: Wed Jul 05, 2023 1:15 pm Got home, tried flap & can't get it to open at all now. Tried again just now & still firmly closed
Will a sharp 'rap' with the palm of your hand release it :?:

I can't work out, if it's the latch mechanism that gets stuck - or the locking pin that engages with the latch mechanism.

Normal operation (including the 'bug' that allows it to get out of line with the vehicle's locked state) :-

N Line S Hybrid (HEV).
23 plate - built Nov '22

• You may also be interested in...
    Replies
    Views
    Last post