N Line S Shadow Grey

Post pictures of your Hyundai Tucson here
old man

Post by old man »

AnnE13 wrote: Sat Mar 19, 2022 9:33 am We got our included without asking so not sure if they are meant to be standard.

On another note…..what are the n line s wheels like to clean, they look like they’d be a nightmare 🤔
You are correct, they are a pain to clean. After a blast with a pressure washer the black parts remained dirty. Next time I cleaned them, I gave them a good brushing with a proper wheel brush and soapy water after loosening the dirt with a pressure washer and still dirt remained on the black parts. I ended up on my knees with a sponge and soapy water to get them clean.
I expected them to be fiddly to clean. but I didn't expect the dirt to cling on so well.
As the weather gets warmer now, I will give them a good clean, after which I'll coat them with a product that will stop the dirt clinging on so well. I haven't decided what to use yet, so any suggestions for a suitable product would be welcome.

As for the mats, they are not standard. MIne were given free with the deal, but annoyingly, I wanted rubber ones and I was told that Hyundai don't supply them.
Tucson N Line S 2WD Hybrid Auto

mah006

Post by mah006 »

AnnE13 wrote: Sat Mar 19, 2022 9:33 am We got our included without asking so not sure if they are meant to be standard.

On another note…..what are the n line s wheels like to clean, they look like they’d be a nightmare 🤔
I have travelled 500 miles since delivery & to be honest the wheels don't get as dirty as other cars i have had, as regards to cleaning they are easy to clean as i got a local guy i use that's really good at cleaning the car only charges £5 so i pop in once a fortnight :D
N Line S HEV Shadow Grey
AnnE13

Post by AnnE13 »

Thanks for response guys. I have a good rim wax and wheel brush so once the wax is on it should make keeping on top of the wheels easier.
Also thanks for info on the mats.

I actually really enjoy cleaning cars so opted not to have the car coated with anything but I did splash out on some expensive cleaning products such as Gyeon wax and wheel cleaner and Gtecniq I1 for protection of the inside seats and carpets.
Just need the car now to try them out!

Fingers cross beginning April 🤞
Southern Lad

Post by Southern Lad »

When I eventually get the car I plan to have a 5 year 9h ceramic coating from a local detailer that's decent. Will get the wheels done as well at the same time.

Some info on coating wheels for you

https://www.fawheels.co.uk/services/all ... ic-coating
2022 1.6 H T-GDi 230ps Hybrid N Line S in Shadow Grey
AnnE13

Post by AnnE13 »

Southern Lad wrote: Sat Mar 19, 2022 3:59 pm When I eventually get the car I plan to have a 5 year 9h ceramic coating from a local detailer that's decent. Will get the wheels done as well at the same time.

Some info on coating wheels for you

https://www.fawheels.co.uk/services/all ... ic-coating
Thanks for the info and link 👍
Ram man

Post by Ram man »

Southern lad, any idea of the cost for ceramic coating?
Cheers Rich
AnnE13

Post by AnnE13 »

Ram man wrote: Sat Mar 19, 2022 5:23 pm Southern lad, any idea of the cost for ceramic coating?
Cheers Rich
Someone has just has their brand new car done inside and out….£995
Southern Lad

Post by Southern Lad »

AnnE13 wrote: Sat Mar 19, 2022 5:41 pm
Ram man wrote: Sat Mar 19, 2022 5:23 pm Southern lad, any idea of the cost for ceramic coating?
Cheers Rich
Someone has just has their brand new car done inside and out….£995
Depends where you are and what needs doing etc. Personally I would not let the dealer do it as it's time intensive and there only interested in getting it in and out quick etc. Find a good local detailer. Cars straight out of the factory, so brand new, although looking great the paint is never perfect and will need a basic paint correction first. For me here then for that size of car and being brand new is between £400-500. Wheels will b extra on top of that so another £200. You can end up paying a lot of money out but if you get a good detailer then it can be very much worth it as the difference is very good. The gloss on the paintwork becomes much deeper and reflects so much more. Once done then it doesn't require polishing etc on a weekly basis just a quick snow foam, rinse and dry down etc.
2022 1.6 H T-GDi 230ps Hybrid N Line S in Shadow Grey

• You may also be interested in...
    Replies
    Views
    Last post